Alberta Transportation Guidelines:
Standard: Specific forms related to Alberta Class 5 Driver Education are detailed below. Section 2.00.03 related to record keeping procedures also apply to these forms.
1. It is recommended that classroom education be provided prior to or concurrent with the in-vehicle skill development. Refer to the Guide to Complete D.R.I.V.E.R.
2. When classroom and in-vehicle instruction is provided by the same school, the school must record the dates and times of the classroom and in-vehicle sessions. Classroom and in-vehicle final grades received by the student must also be recorded on D.R.I.V.E.R.
- A copy of D.R.I.V.E.R. must be provided to the student when the form is completed.
- b. A school that uses D.R.I.V.E.R. must keep a copy for their records.
3. When classroom and in-vehicle instruction is provided by more than one school:
- The school providing in-vehicle instruction completes D.R.I.V.E.R., but must not complete the section of D.R.I.V.E.R. for classroom training.
- The school providing classroom training completes the Class 5 Driver Education Student Classroom Record form. The school must retain a copy of this form for records and provide the original to the school responsible for providing in-vehicle instruction.
- The school issuing the Notice of Driver Education Course Completion form must ensure that the Student Classroom Record form is attached to the D.R.I.V.E.R.
4. The student copy of the D.R.I.V.E.R. must be provided to the student when the form is completed.